Skip to main content

Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Insurance

Understanding Medicare Supplement (Medigap)

Home » Medicare » Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Insurance

Medicare Supplement policies provide you with coverage for some of the costs not covered by Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B.

You are eligible for open enrollment in an individual Medicare Supplement plan for six months starting with the first day you are enrolled in Medicare Part B, regardless of your health history.

Medicare was never intended to pay 100% of your medical bills but was created to offset your medical expenses by providing a basic foundation of benefits. While it will pay a significant porton of your medical bills, Medicare does not cover all the services you might need. Even those services covered are not covered in full.

Your Medicare Supplement policy does not restrict your ability to receive services from the doctor of your choice. However, these policies may require you to submit your claim to the insurance company for payment.

Your individual Medicare Supplement policy includes a basic core of benefits. In additon to the basic benefits, your Medicare Supplement insurance company offers specified optonal benefits. Each of the optons the insurance company offers you must be priced and sold separately from the basic policy.

Medicare requires you to pay deductbles and many Part B expenses are paid at 80% of the Medicare-approved amount. Medicare Supplement policies may be purchased from insurance companies to cover the remaining 20% of Medicare-approved expenses not covered by Medicare.

We do not offer every plan available in your area. Currently we represent 12 organizations which offer 50 products in your area. Please contact, 800-MEDICARE, or your local State Health Insurance Program to get information on all your options.

Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Insurance Quote Request

As an independent agency, we offer multiple options at competitive prices.

Start Quote Request
Close Menu
Skip to content